You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen pressure suddenly fails

Designer version: 1.9.2.1035

System: win10 pro 20H2 Window Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

-----

Unwittingly found, the trigger mechanism is unknown. 
There is a chance that the bug will be triggered when adjusting or switching the pressure curve when using the Brush tool. After the bug is triggered, all the pressure sensation fails, and the software needs to be restarted to recover. 

You can watch the video I uploaded. The bug was triggered three times in less than 10 minutes (around 01:00, 02:28 and 06:40, respectively). Each time the trigger took different time and operation. 

After my own test, it is estimated that this bug is to force the brush pressure curve into a horizontal line, as shown in the following picture. At this time, any setting of brush pressure in the software will become invalid and can only be restored by rebooting.

Snipaste_2021-07-28_00-25-57.png.32e6aaf86450d29bc2e02823d656fa0d.png

Edited by Jokan

Hello @Jokan go to prefences --> tools. Set "Tablet Input Method" to Windows Ink,

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• Staff

Hi Jokan,

Looking at your video I can see that it always happens after you've moved the Brush Editor dialog to the side. I'm wondering if that is where the pressure is getting 'stuck'. What Tablet/Input device/hardware are you using - unfortunately I couldn't see that in your post or in your video.

I've just been trying to reproduce this for the last 30 minutes using a Wacom Intuos Pro (PTH-451). I've tried Windows Ink, High Precision and Low Precision input options (in Preferences > Tools) and I've also tried both the Affinity Store and the Windows Store builds (which is what I believe you're using) and unfortunately its not misbehaving for me.

19 hours ago, Komatös said:

Hello @Jokan go to prefences --> tools. Set "Tablet Input Method" to Windows Ink,

If I set it to Windows Ink, the pressure will be lost, just like the mouse. My graphics tablet pressure sense is only 2048 level, and the pressure only works under Low Precision and High Precision.

This happens when you move the floating panel with a digital pen.

At present, it is not clear whether it is a problem with the equipment.

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Jokan,

Looking at your video I can see that it always happens after you've moved the Brush Editor dialog to the side. I'm wondering if that is where the pressure is getting 'stuck'. What Tablet/Input device/hardware are you using - unfortunately I couldn't see that in your post or in your video.

I've just been trying to reproduce this for the last 30 minutes using a Wacom Intuos Pro (PTH-451). I've tried Windows Ink, High Precision and Low Precision input options (in Preferences > Tools) and I've also tried both the Affinity Store and the Windows Store builds (which is what I believe you're using) and unfortunately its not misbehaving for me.

I tested it, and it's true, as you said, that this happens when you move the panel. The same thing happens in both Windows Store builds and the latest version of beta. And I found that it only appears after dragging the panel with a pen (Especially when moving over a long distance, such as moving from one side of the screen to the other) . Dragging the panel with the mouse does not trigger this situation, and my device works normally when it happens (see the screencap below). 

At present, it is not clear whether my situation is an isolated case. Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to check out the problems I have encountered.