You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Been having mouse stutter issues with all three applications for a while now whenever GSync is active, regardless of which option I choose. Updated to Geforce 417.41 drivers today, and the problem is still present.

Running on a RTX 2070 Super on a 34" ultrawide at 120Hz with Gsync on. The problem goes away if I turn Gsync off. Which I don't want to have to do all the time...

Edited by Visnes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to know when this issue will be resolved as well. I imagine the percentage of users with G-Sync monitors versus users with professional color accurate monitors is very low and as such Affinity doesn't think it's worth the investment to fix this issue until that percentage of affected users increases. I understand the "workaround" is to disable G-Sync, but when every other application I use runs perfectly fine with G-Sync on why should I have to apply this "hack" when it should be fixed by the developer?

Edited by DesignTekzilla

• 6 months later...

This issue is really annoying to me. It's present since several (3?) years by now and no fix in sight. I also agree with @DesignTekzilla - I assume that most Affinity users aren't necessarily using G-Sync. But I bought Affinity products because they are high quality, affordable, buy once products. So I think that even I as a conventional person who edits some images every once in a while on my gaming pc should get the ability to do so without lags, flickers etc.
I mean, I also paid for this software.
Also disabling G-Sync (on an application basis for Affinity products) does not solve the issue for me. Instead of lagging and flickering the screen just completely turns black with G-Sync disabled. Globally disabling G-Sync every time I work on a project doesn't seem to be a very user friendly solution.

So please, dear Affinity team, at least give us the ability to track this issue. What's the current status? Are you actively working on a fix or should we just move on and use other products instead?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

@Serif Info Bot Hello, I still have a flickering and lagging issue on all Affinity Programs when G-Sync is turned on. I use a Dell S2716DG 144Hz Monitor with a RTX 4080 and the Nvidia Game Ready-Driver 546.29. The flickering and lagging happens in G-Sync "fullscreen" and "window- and fullscreen" mode. Only when I tun G-Sync off the flickering and lagging stops.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 10:38 PM, Pluh said:

@Serif Info Bot Hello, I still have a flickering and lagging issue on all Affinity Programs when G-Sync is turned on. I use a Dell S2716DG 144Hz Monitor with a RTX 4080 and the Nvidia Game Ready-Driver 546.29. The flickering and lagging happens in G-Sync "fullscreen" and "window- and fullscreen" mode. Only when I tun G-Sync off the flickering and lagging stops.

Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your RTX 4080. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with G-Sync. Visit the official NVIDIA website to download and install the latest Game Ready drivers.Verify that the Affinity Programs are set to use the correct display settings. Open the program and go to the settings or preferences menu. Look for options related to display or graphics settings and ensure that G-Sync is enabled and configured correctly. If you have overclocked your GPU or monitor, try disabling the overclocking settings. Overclocking can sometimes cause instability and compatibility issues with G-Sync. Resetting your GPU and monitor to their default clock speeds may help resolve the flickering and lagging problems.Experiment with different G-Sync settings to see if it improves the performance. Try enabling or disabling the "V-Sync" option in the NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also try adjusting the G-Sync refresh rate or enabling the "G-Sync Compatible" mode if available.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:53 AM, reesh said:

Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your RTX 4080. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with G-Sync. Visit the official NVIDIA website to download and install the latest Game Ready drivers.Verify that the Affinity Programs are set to use the correct display settings. Open the program and go to the settings or preferences menu. Look for options related to display or graphics settings and ensure that G-Sync is enabled and configured correctly. If you have overclocked your GPU or monitor, try disabling the overclocking settings. Overclocking can sometimes cause instability and compatibility issues with G-Sync. Resetting your GPU and monitor to their default clock speeds may help resolve the flickering and lagging problems.Experiment with different G-Sync settings to see if it improves the performance. Try enabling or disabling the "V-Sync" option in the NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also try adjusting the G-Sync refresh rate or enabling the "G-Sync Compatible" mode if available.

I use Nvidia GeForce for updating my drivers, always installing the latest drivers as soon as I see there is an update available.

I dont know where the settings you are talking about should be. As far as I see, there are no separate display or graphics settings in the affinity programs. I could only find the performance settings, where no separete g-sync settings exist. 'Render with' is set to my RTX 4080 though.

Nothing at my system is overclocked, unless it was made by the manufactorer like the GPU that is slightly overclocked by default.

Sadly I cant find any advanced settings for g-sync in the Nvidia Control Panal...there is only an option for enabling or disabling G-Sync for my monitor. Thats it :/

I tried to disable v-sync in the Nvidia Control Panal 3D-Settings but sadly still experiencing flickering with g-sync enabled