You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers Dragging Arrangement Difficulty

A little favor. I find it difficult most of the times dragging a layer on top or below a layer. 90% of the time it falls in 'group folder' rather than being on top or below. It takes a couple times for it to be right 😓. Pretty frustrating sometimes to be honest. Would appreciate it for it to more easy to drag. Makes working efficient.

The key is to pay careful attention to where your cursor is while dragging and especially when dropping, and make sure that it is to the left of the thumbnail if you are simply moving a layer up and down. The 3 locations to watch while droppig are to the left of the thumbnail, on the thumbnail, and to the right of the thumbnail.

Also, the blue highlight tells you how it is going to act. You'll see either a full-width horizontal blue highlight, a short vertical blue highlight, or a wide (but not full-width) horizontal blue highlight on the right.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your feedback Walt. Very much aware of all this. I think if the blue highlight is a bit wider as far as the width as in a bold line, I think it will be easier and efficient. I literally just practiced several times and it keeps falling to the wrong layer. its not as easy as it should be. Its always the little things that matters. I hate to compare to Photoshop or Illustrator but, its clear enough when moving layers with the big blue line. If the line can be bit bigger, it will help. THanks

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The key is to pay careful attention to where your cursor is while dragging and especially when dropping, and make sure that it is to the left of the thumbnail if you are simply moving a layer up and down. The 3 locations to watch while droppig are to the left of the thumbnail, on the thumbnail, and to the right of the thumbnail.

Also, the blue highlight tells you how it is going to act. You'll see either a full-width horizontal blue highlight, a short vertical blue highlight, or a wide (but not full-width) horizontal blue highlight on the right.

Edited by kwaku
additional information