You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro cursor selection doesn’t work as expected

When selecting text using the space bar trackpad, the cursor moves around but starting a selection using a second finger on the keyboard only works when selecting forward. Additionally the ability to long press on the cursor to pick it up and drop it doesn’t work at all. 
iPad Pro 11in 3rd generation

• Staff

Hi dantaylr,

I will get these passed on to development to be looked at. With regards to the long press to move, I believe they may have favoured dragging to highlight a block of text over the long press to move the cursor. However I'll see if they can look at having both (as one is a drag and the other is a long press). 

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi dantaylr,

I will get these passed on to development to be looked at. With regards to the long press to move, I believe they may have favoured dragging to highlight a block of text over the long press to move the cursor. However I'll see if they can look at having both (as one is a drag and the other is a long press). 

Thanks Sean. Yeah coming from the cursor behavior of the notes app and other text editing apps, this behavior was just unexpected when I got in here.