You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported PDF that's overwritten isn't updated in Acrobat?

Is there a issue that exported pdf that has the same name as an existing file and is overwritten won't be shown with the latest content in Acrobat?
Some user reported it to me.

Might be fixed in 1.10 beta already .

I would think this is expected behaviour, Acrobat holds the content of the original file in its own memory.

Acrobat isn't going to be able to continually and constantly check on the file unless the OS and or Acrobat are told to do that. There is the option to Preview on export in the export dialog, you will have the file opened in the default application for PDFs as set by your OS. If that default is Acrobat then Acrobat would open the same file because it has been told to by Affinity via the OS. If you have another application set in the OS to open PDFs then Acrobat will continue to show the old version and the other application will show the new same name file with its new content.

606974709_ScreenShot2021-07-06at12_32_52PM.png.48d9254f28f7e2189ced8ae1de80d5d8.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I would think this is expected behavior, Acrobat holds the content of the original file in its own memory.

Is it the same even when closing and reopening Acrobat once?

11 minutes ago, ashf said:

Is it the same even when closing and reopening Acrobat once?

I would expect Acrobat to show the updated content because it is having to read the (new) file. I would not expect the contents of the old file to somehow remain, because it is gone, overwritten.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.