You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo becomes unresponsive

i am using it and after a while it stops working properly. the viewport works but i cant click on any buttons or cant even use menu buttons or cant change any tool either. But the hotkeys work. For example ctrl+s or alt + f4 or any hotkey works

• Staff

Hi Boombiome,

Can you try the following:
Open Affinity and click Edit>Preferences>Performance and at the bottom of this window is an option for OpenCL, if that's ticked, untick it and close Preferences and you'll be asked to restart Affinity.  Once restarted, try using the app again and let me know the results.

Also you could try installing the latest beta from here and see if the same issue happens.

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Boombiome said:

i have turned opencl off already 

Okay so its not related to openCL.

Can you try the beta and see if the same happens?  Also how are you controlling Affinity just via a mouse or with a graphics tablet?

okay ill try beta version. and i am using graphics tablet and mouse both simultaneously. and i suspect that it is somehow related to graphics tablet becacuse if i remove it and restart affinity, then it doesnt show this specific problem

• 7 months later...

I've had the same issue for a few months as well. Been through the forums and already have tried to fix the issue but it's still there and it's driving me nuts cuz it breaks my workflow. It's interesting that this issue was mentioned almost a year ago and still isn't fixed, almost like the devs don't really care to iron out these bugs. 

1 hour ago, Joximus said:

Been through the forums and already have tried to fix the issue but it's still there and it's driving me nuts cuz it breaks my workflow.

It might help if you briefly explained what you have tried without success to fix this problem, & which OS (Mac or Windows) you are running AP on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7