You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not friendly for vision-impaired

I am a Photoshop user who has been using desktop Affinity Photo for several weeks and I sadly have to conclude that AP is a long way from being a Photoshop replacement. Photoshop has many ways to simply accomplish what takes multiple un-intuitive steps in AP, but the deal breaker is turning out to be that neither the app or the documentation is friendly if you have mild visual impairment. So, for example, I can use the "edit all layers" in the layers panel as kind of a way of turning off "autoselect layer," but I couldn't easily tell from the documentation what the button looked like or where it was located and in the app itself and worse, the contrast between the on/off state is so low, I can't tell if I've selected it or not. I would have a hard time recommending AP to older folks who need high contrast and are more than casual users of an image-editing program.

You are not the only folks who seem to be completely unaware of the needs of even mildly visually-impaired people (think all seniors) who use computers and I really deplore the general trend in design that seems to want to make things look "nice" instead of being functional. If I had to recommend one other GUI change besides the ability to enlarge elements of the GUI, it would be to increase the contrast between different elements.