You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo does not import Mac Preview pdf annotations

Mac OS 11.3.1, M1 Macbook Air, Affinity 1.9.3

When I import pdfs annotated in Mac Preview, annotations (symbols, lines, text, etc.) do not get recognized - only the "base" image is recognized. If I re-export the image as a pdf in Preview, Affinity Photo now sees everything as an image, but exporting to a new document destroys my ability to change the document in Preview. Adobe Reader and the inbuilt pdf reader at Google Drive can see the annotations just fine. Attachments

• A) "test.pdf" (I'm not sure what uploading it will do, but there should be a small screenshot with black text "annotation added using Preview markup tools" underneath and if opened in Mac Preview, that black text should be editable.),
  • B) "test.png" what test.pdf looks like if opened in Preview, Reader and Google Drive
  • C) "AffinityImport.png" - screenshot of the file as imported into Affinity - the screenshot image comes in, but the text does not

AffinityImport.png

Test.png

Test.pdf

• 1 year later...