You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I paste a image with Alpha Channel from clipboard to AffinityPhoto,The transparent parts will be black。

I have no experiences with pureref, but I copied from GIMP to Photo some minutes ago, and it worked without problems. What kind of software is pureref? I suggest the problem might be caused more on that side. Does it work with other programs (for example from pureref to GIMP, Krita, paint.net or so)?

5 hours ago, iconoclast said:

I have no experiences with pureref, but I copied from GIMP to Photo some minutes ago, and it worked without problems. What kind of software is pureref? I suggest the problem might be caused more on that side. Does it work with other programs (for example from pureref to GIMP, Krita, paint.net or so)?

pureref is a image board for reference images for painting.I always use ClipStudioPaint for drawing.

from pureref to Krita、ClipStudioPaint、GIMP works well.to Photo,the color will be black

from Photo to pureref 、Krita、gimp,works well. to ClipStudioPaint ,the color will be white.

from gimp to photo、pureref 、Krita,works well. to ClipStudioPaint ,the color will be black.

from Krita to pureref 、ClipStudioPaint、GIMP ,works well.to Photo, the color will be black.

from ClipStudioPaint to pureref、Krita ,works well.to Photo、gimp the color will be black.

there is no any problem between Photo and gimp,but there are many problems with others.

It is interesting.I do not know how it works in clipboard to change Alpha Channel image in windows.

There are many image formats in windows ?

2 hours ago, 深红命运 said:

pureref is a image board for reference images for painting.I always use ClipStudioPaint for drawing.

from pureref to Krita、ClipStudioPaint、GIMP works well.to Photo,the color will be black

from Photo to pureref 、Krita、gimp,works well. to ClipStudioPaint ,the color will be white.

from gimp to photo、pureref 、Krita,works well. to ClipStudioPaint ,the color will be black.

from Krita to pureref 、ClipStudioPaint、GIMP ,works well.to Photo, the color will be black.

from ClipStudioPaint to pureref、Krita ,works well.to Photo、gimp the color will be black.

there is no any problem between Photo and gimp,but there are many problems with others.

It is interesting.I do not know how it works in clipboard to change Alpha Channel image in windows.

There are many image formats in windows ?

I mainly use ArtRage for painting. It has its own freely positionable and rotatable reference panels that are always on top, except you drag the brush across it - so that it doesn't disturb when you paint. So I never used something like pureref (even it sounds interesting) and can't say much about stuff like that and if it is even intended to copy images from it to other programs. That it doesn't work with Photo could possibly have to do with colour profiles, but I'm not sure about that. How is the transparency displayed in pureref? Also as checkerboard?

Edit: By the way, also to copy and paste an image with transparencies from ArtRage to Photo works fine. I unfortunatly don't have much more programs to test it out.

17 hours ago, 深红命运 said:

if i copy and paste the same image to Affinity Photo,it will be back.

Can you show a screenshot of your document + layers + tools panels and with the Move Tool selected?
If the layers panel contains collapsed layers please unfold them for the screenshot.
Create the copy of the desired layer and select the original layer (below the copy) for the screenshot.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The first one is the screenshot i copy layer from photo to pureref.

The seconed one is the screenshot i copy layer from pureref to photo . The alpha will be black!

The last one is the screenshot i copy layer from pureref to ClipStudioPaint. It works fine.

1.png.d2e74e8a87fd1f76a13b55d4d7dc97c2.png

2.png.ace7c9df63289e08de60ceb530c336c9.png

3.png.66e5f1b2430416ab6986f35cf55d0671.png

On the second Screenshot (pureref to Poto), there are two visible layers with your drawing in the layers panel. The preview images on those layers both seem to have a black background. But the image seems to show parts of the drawing with a transparent background in the corner on the left bottom of the image. What does it look like if you make the top layer invisible?

Edit: One idea: Have you tried another file format? For example PNG or TIFF (both support transparencies)? PSD is the native format of Photoshop files, and as far as I remember Photo doesn't support all features of PSD. But I may be wrong.

> What does it look like if you make the top layer invisible?

@ iconoclast, what would you possibly expect to appear differently than in the screenshot above this?
Also it seems the two thumbnails aren't identical, only the background in the (unnamed) copy looks black, while in the layer below (name 1) it looks rather dark gray in both screenshots. Both blend modes seem to be "正常" = "normal".

423771069_thumbnails1.jpg.8491b1e4cb14bc27778c701e401263bf.jpg <> 683990895_thumbnails2.jpg.39a6b257d27e8df02adcf66aa6e5e006.jpg

It seems to be influenced by the way the content gets written to the clipboard memory.

However, there are various threads (for instance these) about alpha/transparency appearing black in Affinity or in prints from Affinity, often with rasterized image formats like PNG, but also with container formats as e.g. PDF or SVG. – Maybe this info can give a hint:

I am not sure if your specific issue (pureref) is on the bugs list already. If you did not find it in the search results you also could write a new topic in the bugs forum. There you can post a link to this topic, too. And possibly upload a sample Affinity document to the forum for further investigation of your copy/paste issue with black alpha.