You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource becomes unlinked, but path is correct.

cai

I have a one-page Publisher document into which I have placed (linked) many copies of a Designer file, using artboards to place different figures. Whenever I re-open the Publisher doc, I get a notice to open the Resources Manager, which then shows that the linked file is missing. Yet the path in the Resources Manager is correct, and when I click "reveal in Finder", it's right there.  It's a 20 MB Designer file and also takes a long time (minutes) to "replace" the missing file with itself to fix the broken link.

2096169612_Screenshot2021-05-14at14_40_28.png.cd3a77c29a846ba08f2646285f72372b.png759986821_Screenshot2021-05-14at14_40_42.png.4e2ce22c36bd87cab418aa3e67404587.png

Also, the "remembered" size of the linked file here shows as 33MB, but it's actually 18MB. When I replace it with itself, it shows correctly as 18MB.

I noticed such behavior in particular caused by container formats (like PDF, SVG, EPS, Affinity docs). It seems these formats can make APub complain about "missing content" for no reason.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 4 weeks later...

@SPaceBar, this issue of "missing content" seems to be reproducible just by modifying the linked resource without updating it by preference or manually when opening the .afpub. In this situation the Resource Manager doesn't display "Modified" (as expected) but says "missing content" and has the button "Update" grayed out. Then using "Replace" confirms that the file path is correct and the file not really missing. Try this:

1. Download both files.
  2. Open the .afpub & replace to adjust the path to your needs.
  3. Save + close the .afpub.
  4. Open the .afdesign, modify it & save.
  5. Open the .afpub again without updating (neither auto nor manual)
  6. –> Resource Manager will say "Missing Content" & "Update" is greyed-out.

v193 missing content.afpub   v193 test.afdesign

803228199_v193missingcontentofafdesignwcorrectpath2.thumb.jpg.88f95f076a993966297c6fc1cb8a7a50.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1