You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I'm working on a company's brand guidelines using Affinity Publisher.

I'm writing, next to each color its values.

At the moment, every time I have to check the HEX, RGB and CMYK, I need to double-click multiple times on the color. The only value I can copy and paste is the HEX.

Do you know if there is a quick way to inspect all the values, such as opening a window that shows them every time I click on the colored element?

It seems nothing, but this continuous back and forward really can take a lot of time.

Thank you for your help 😊

Welcome to the forums @Madquake

Can you give us more information about what sort of thing(s) you are getting the colour values from? E.g. vector shapes, pixel layers, images, embedded PDFs, etc. etc.
I don’t know what you mean by “I need to double-click multiple times”. Can you explain a bit more?
Can you give us a video of what you are doing? That might make the whole thing clearer.

See the color tools and range overviews/lists etc. on this site ...

See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 5/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, BofG said:

Rather than inspecting and copy-pasting values, can you not create a custom palette to match the brand guidelines and work using that?

Hello BofG.

It is actually because I am working on the brand guidelines that I need this tool.

I am testing colour and creating some examples. Every time I use a HEX code I also need to include in the text I use the CMYK and RGB. For this reason I need to keep inspecting the colours as I never remember all the numbers at once. Having a tool that keeps the colour selected, always visible even if I click on the textbox would be ideal!

On 5/14/2021 at 12:58 AM, v_kyr said:

See the color tools and range overviews/lists etc. on this site ...

See also:

Thank you!

These seems interesting!!!!!