You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a couple of parallelogram images that I'm trying to layer on top of each other.  When I size the "top" one to be the same width and height and positioned at the same lower left X and Y coordinates, the "top" one is wider at the top. I've tried a combination of Shear and Resize with aspect both locked and unlocked, and I've accidentally gotten closer, but they're still not identical. I went looking for a tutorial and did watch the move and resize video, but that's not exactly what I want to do.  Anyone have any tips or tricks?

If you're curious about what I'm doing, I building a series of frames showing the construction of a plastic model one layer at a time. I plan to use these to make a video that "magically" makes the layers appear one at a time on top of each other. Think of watching a house being built one brick at a time. As much as I tried to position the camera at exactly the same spot for each frame, they're not all exactly identical. I'm attaching photos of two samples layers individually and a third showing the two on top of each other.

BTW, the lines you see in the second and third images are a display bug when you create layers from two afphoto files (both have transparent backgrounds) on top of each other, but the lines don't show up in exported .png files.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.13.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.13.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.14.10 AM.png

Edited by TexanInParis
Clarify what's in the photos.

10 hours ago, TexanInParis said:

parallelogram

<Pedant mode on> Trapezoid <Pedant mode off>

10 hours ago, TexanInParis said:

If you're curious about what I'm doing, I building a series of frames showing the construction of a plastic model one layer at a time. I plan to use these to make a video that "magically" makes the layers appear one at a time on top of each other. Think of watching a house being built one brick at a time. As much as I tried to position the camera at exactly the same spot for each frame, they're not all exactly identical.

You might try the File > New Stack feature. Work with the originals.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old Bruce 

9 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

<Pedant mode on> Trapezoid <Pedant mode off>

Thanks! I knew that “parallelogram” was wrong, but I just couldn’t think of the correct word. Must be getting old. 😅 (I first started working with computers in the early 1960’s - which makes me ancient in technology terms.)

@Old Bruce

12 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I took a quick look at the Stack feature, and it seems I'll need to first crop the images down to just include the part that I want in the final stack of layers. My original images look like the attached file, and I just want the plastic model in the middle. (It's the London Tower Bridge if you're curious.)

IMG_0046.jpeg