You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

Please, is it possible to change the colour of multiple selected curves at one, BUT relatively to their innitial value? EG some sort of slight colorize effect. I swear, I have seen it before somewhere. There were several dots on the colour wheel moving together. Or was it Affinity Photo?

Thank you

• Staff

Hi @Stepaan,

You might be referring to the HSL adjustment feature? This is available in both Affinity Photo and Designer :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you. Yes, this would be the feature, but... It work as an effect. What I need is to select several vectors scattered here and there throughout the layers and change them together. The effect layer is therefore unusable.

1 hour ago, Stepaan said:

What I need is to select several vectors scattered here and there throughout the layers and change them together.

1. create a symbol from one of those objects
  2. duplicate it as many times as you have of the other objects
  3. disable the Sync button in the Symbols layer
  4. replace the duplicated child object of every Symbol layer with your respective existing objects
  5. enable the Sync button again
  6. add the HSL adjustment to one of your symbols

If you have Photo, you can handle the various "sync" options between the symbols and their child objects more easily with the Links panel: technically it's obviously more or less the same feature. Simply switch back and forth between Designer and Photo depending on what function you need. (Or, like me in the example below, use the respective personae in Publisher.)

Keep in mind that all vector objects will be rasterized on export if affected by an adjustment layer.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

39 minutes ago, loukash said:

all vector objects will be rasterized on export if affected by an adjustment layer

… aaand because that might be something that we possibly don't want, here's a slightly more complex method that allows partial colorizing without rasterizing:

This works via simple Fill Opacity which will not be rasterized in most PDF formats, unlike blend modes, effects, adjustments etc. But the colorizing scope will be limited, of course.

Note that if you have many child objects that you want to partially relink via the Links panel, you may need to double-check if all links are still intact, as seen in my screencast. It's a bit tricky as you can see.

Also: Save early, save often! I've managed to crash the app while trying various weird linking and unlinking scenarios…

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Well. I found a workaround. I can simply select same fill colour objects and apply a glkobal colout to them. I have to do it one colour by one and also it doesn't apply to gradients. But it's the closest I can get to the desired functionality. But thanx to all of you. I deffinitely learned something new.