You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data merge and imagelink to https://

I use Data Merge with the images in a directory. This works fine. Now i did try to add an internetadress for an imagelink. This doesn't work or do i do something wrong?

Normal use to link an image: /Users/pruus/attachements/empty.jpg on Mac or c://documents/attachements/empty.jpg

Now i want to use images directly from internet like: " https://powercage.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Speciale-pull-up-bar-265x265.jpg"  in a XLS sheet. But this does not work... 

What's possible or a workaround?

3 hours ago, pruus said:

Now i did try to add an internetadress for an imagelink.

Just to clarify: You want to have the URL in your XLSX file, and have Publisher automatically locate the image (via the URL) and place the image directly into the data-merged document?

If so, I don't think that's a supported function.

The Help says:

For image links, the resource path names can be absolute (below), relative to the data source's or saved document's file location.

• MacOS: /Users/username/Desktop/ProfilePics/magazine_staff_pics_andy.jpg
  • Windows: "C:\Users\username\Desktop\ProfilePics\magazine_staff_pics_andy.jpg"

As it says nothing about URLs, I wouldn't expect them to work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, pruus said:

@walt.farrell that’s right, but it could work meanwhile, extended borders. And it’s just a small step to arrange this. Pitty, it would make Datamerge so much better. A lot of sources are online. In case of my mages.

Feel free to raise a Feature Request for this function, or to agree with an existing one if someone else has already suggested it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1