You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD mock-ups not working in AP

Hello. I found some free PSD book mock-up files a while ago and was using them on Photoshop when I had a free trial, and they worked fine. Now that I'm using them in Affinity Photo, the mock-ups don't seem to be working. The edges of the pages are all wrong (i.e. the pages extend past where they are supposed to be) and sometimes the template just opens the document and it's all completely the wrong colour and shape, masking it basically unusable. 

Am I doing something wrong? I've attached photos of what the templates are supposed to look like, and then what they do look like once I open them in AP and place my images. 

Here are links to where I downloaded the templates, in case that helps:

https://mockups-design.com/free-square-book-mockup/

https://www.free-mockup.com/downloads/free-square-book-mockup/

https://www.freepik.com/free-psd/square-book-mockup_1435917.htm#page=1&query=square book mockup&position=29

Any help would be much appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 12.13.21.png

Free_Book_Mockup_7.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 12.00.21.png

Square_Book_Mockup_4.jpg

OZI9KW0.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 12.19.53.png

• Staff

Hi @Mrtwriter,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The Photoshop's feature (Warp) used to distort the pages on those mockups is not supported by Affinity 
Photo so currently you have to use Affinity's tools to adapt/fix the issues manually.
We are continuously working to improve Photoshop PSD's format compatibility, however due to the lack of documentation some things may take more time or can't be supported at all due to the different feature sets/tools.

• 5 months later...

Hi Meb, 

die Konvertierung der Smartobjekte aus Photoshop wäre aus Grafikersicht das letzte Quentchen um endgültig mit PS zu brechen.
Auch ich arbeite viel mit PS-Mockups die automatische Verzerrungen und Bildanpassungen haben. Leider werden diese in AF nur unzureichend konvertiert.
Aus diesem Grund würde ich gerne eigene AF-Mockups, für meine eigene Produkte erstellen.

Welche Möglichkeiten bietet AF zu dieser Aufgabe? Gibt es Lösungswege um in AF Mockups zu erstellen, die Farb und Geometrienpassungen auf neue Bilder anwenden wenn ich den Layer abspeicher? Siehe Beispiel https://placeit.net/tank-top-mockup-generator?is_list=true&customG_0=qzbm8n4ba3 

image.png.d64a2e9cf94d72abbfa382e533382dd8.png

Danke & Gruß

Alexis

1 hour ago, Alexis F. said:

die Konvertierung der Smartobjekte aus Photoshop wäre aus Grafikersicht das letzte Quentchen um endgültig mit PS zu brechen.
Auch ich arbeite viel mit PS-Mockups die automatische Verzerrungen und Bildanpassungen haben. Leider werden diese in AF nur unzureichend konvertiert.
Aus diesem Grund würde ich gerne eigene AF-Mockups, für meine eigene Produkte erstellen.

Welche Möglichkeiten bietet AF zu dieser Aufgabe? Gibt es Lösungswege um in AF Mockups zu erstellen, die Farb und Geometrienpassungen auf neue Bilder anwenden wenn ich den Layer abspeicher? Siehe Beispiel https://placeit.net/tank-top-mockup-generator?is_list=true&customG_0=qzbm8n4ba3 

You have posted in an old bug topic, which no one from Serif is watching, and which probably only a few users will notice.

I think you should post this as a new topic in the questions forum to get more attention, and better answers.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
23 hours ago, Alexis F. said:

Hi Meb, 

image.png.d64a2e9cf94d72abbfa382e533382dd8.png

Danke & Gruß

Alexis

Please check my reply to you other post here.