You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More (ageing) Eye Friendly Appearance??

Hi, I am an ageing lady who has just started using Affinity's 10 day trial version.

I found Affinity fantastic, except.... it is too fashionable and sleek that it is hard to read the texts on the bars and menus (I experienced the same with Pixelmator).

1. Is it possible to change the colour of the frames (bars, tools, pallets, tabs etc.) to a slightly lighter colour, such as grey? I find the contrast is too harsh to the eyes.

2. Is it possible to enlarge the texts on the menus? They are way too small to read. 

I hope someone can show me the way to solve these problems, because Affinity looks fantastic otherwise.

Cheers

• Staff

Hi Bilby399,

Welcome to the Forums :)

If you go to Affinity Photo/Designer at the top left of the app and then go to Preferences there is a UI section. In here you can change the Grey level of the app to make it a lighter grey colour rather than black. You are also able to change the size of the text by setting Font UI Size to large. I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thank you so much for your help Callum.

I tired your suggestions, but unfortunately, the frames of the windows are still too dark (the background is fine. Just the frames and the boxes around it, even after the gamma level been modified), and the fonts too small for me.

I have no choice but to use something like Photoshop Elements.... sigh$$$.  It will be very nice, in the future, if you could improve the UI, with the elder or much younger generations in mind.

Best regards,

Bilby

• 4 months later...