You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Saving adjustments

I have been a very casual user of designer for years, and absolutely love its handling of vectors.  I've recently changed my graphics focus, and now need to rely on Adjustment layers (levels, brightness/contrast primarily), and can't figure out how to save a style with adjustments built in, or indeed, save adjustments on their own.  From the little I can find, it seems this is not a function that is available in Affinity products, and if that's the case, it just absolutely floors me that a product like this would become this mature without that functionality.  Can someone please tell me I'm nuts, and of course it has that capability.  Oh, and tell me how to do it.  :D

Thanks,

Rich

Affinity Photo allows you to save adjustments as presets. Affinity Designer (surprisingly) does not

You can though save Adjustments in the assets panel and drag them for use on other images/objects as required. A group of Adjustments can also be saved as an asset if you group them first

In the Assets panel ensure you have "Show as List" ticked as there are no icons associated with Adjustment Layers so you won't see anything without that option selected

PS A better understanding of exactly what you are doing may yield a better/easier solution

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 hours ago, carl123 said:

PS A better understanding of exactly what you are doing may yield a better/easier solution

I'm designing watch faces for Wear OS, and they often have recurring surface appearances (such as chrome).  It's just amazing that you can't save adjustments with styles.  While there are multiple ways of doing things, and thus, its not absolutely essential to use Adjustments, it does make for a much easier/quicker workflow, especially curves adjustments that help accentuate reflective qualities. I guess for now, I can use a template with hidden layers containing commonly used surface finishes.  Seems really clunky though for an otherwise beautiful piece of software.  Aside from this, and textures which are also a bit of a jaw dropping omission, I feel that Affinity Designer is everything Macromedia Fireworks should have been.  I'll head over to feature requests.  :D

btw- snowing and 84 degrees F does not reflect the current weather conditions.  :D

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.40.27 AM.png

Edited by rich709

7 hours ago, carl123 said:

Affinity Photo allows you to save adjustments as presets. Affinity Designer (surprisingly) does not

You can though save Adjustments in the assets panel and drag them for use on other images/objects as required. A group of Adjustments can also be saved as an asset if you group them first

In the Assets panel ensure you have "Show as List" ticked as there are no icons associated with Adjustment Layers so you won't see anything without that option selected

Yes, so I've just started setting up my assets panel.  This is definitely the way to go!  Wonderful, and thanks for pointing me in that direction.