You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Update 1.9.1 AppStore

I have an Update information for Affinity 1.9. up to 1.9.1 out of the AppStore, but it does not start the update. Whats wrong?

Additional i can not verify my Affinity App or License in my Affinity account.

Why is this happened? The Book I have bought and the Filters are listed and the App not.

Thanx for Help.

Juwi

Hello! Same here for Photo & Designer 😕

Both show the new updates in the App Store but when i try to start them, the "loading circle" keeps spinning forever.
The latest update for Publisher worked fine, as i didn't purchase it via the App Store.

Specs: iMac Mid 2015, Mojave
Of course i had multiply restarts and store-account login/outs so far.

Halp please!

There have been quite a few reports of problems getting the 1.9.1 updates from the Mac App Store ("MAS") -- just browse through the recent topic titles to see them, including various tips  for getting it to work.

If you bought your app from the MAS it will not appear in your Affinity user account -- only items bought from the Affinity Store will.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Here is a temp solution that may help as it looks like something is wrong with App Store on Mojave:

On 2/26/2021 at 7:44 AM,  Dazmondo77 said: 

For any other Mojave users who have had trouble with the MAS hanging on all downloads (for me on two different macs running Mojave) I found a solution that worked from a user (User366) on stack exchange, that sorted the app store:

APP Store Fix

Go to Activity Monitor and force-kill appstoreagent process. The app started to download at once. After force-killing appstoreagent, there was no need to log out and log in again in the App Store. Updates and downloads just work again.

Hope this helps

Now have Pub Des Pho working great on both Macs - Great work team

Until this bug is addressed by apple, it looks as if you'll need to use the above workaround to download every time you use the MAS  

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

9 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Here is a temp solution that may help as it looks like something is wrong with App Store on Mojave:

For any other Mojave users who have had trouble with the MAS hanging on all downloads (for me on two different macs running Mojave) I found a solution that worked from a user (User366) on stack exchange, that sorted the app store:

APP Store Fix

Go to Activity Monitor and force-kill appstoreagent process. The app started to download at once. After force-killing appstoreagent, there was no need to log out and log in again in the App Store. Updates and downloads just work again.

Hope this helps

Now have Pub Des Pho working great on both Macs - Great work team

Until this bug is addressed by apple, it looks as if you'll need to use the above workaround to download every time you use the MAS  

I'm running Mojave on a 2017 iMac & followed the above suggestions for dealing with the fact that I have been unable to update Affinity Photo from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1.  I only recently switched from High Sierra to Mojave but don't want to update OS any further due to running 32 bit software.  I tried to force quit the appstoreagent under the the CPU, Memory & Disk headings in the Activity Monitor as suggested, but this did not work to allow me to update.  I still get the spinning loading circle without any update.  Is a restart or something else needed in order to cause this to work?  Any other suggestions to be able to update AP?  I do astro photography & really want to be able to use these new features, so updating is quite important for me.

20 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

I didn’t think this would work, but it did! Thank you for sharing this!

At first it did NOT work for me exactly as described. I had to “play” with it for a bit. For example, after force-killing the Appstoreagent process, I had to stop the download, close the App Store app, restart the App Store app, and then continue the update/download. 

After a couple of rounds of start-stop behavior with the download, it finally completed and seems (for now) to work without any issues. 

Just like above, I finally got the download to 1.9.1 to work by using this suggested workaround by attempting a number of different ways to do it.  I didn't have the download starting & stopping problem but just couldn't get it to even start working.  Now hopefully it won't have any other problems due to running Mojave on my machine.