You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Overlays in 1.9.1

Welcome to the Forums @Dan B😊   Do you have your Assets Panel on your desktop?  If not, go to VIEW>STUDIO>and check Assets, and it should appear on the left side of your desktop.   Second, are you in UI Light Interface?  I use that, and as a result, these assets are very, very faint.  They should appear in your assets  categories as "Falling Snow by Paper Farms" etc.   In my case, they did not all turn up one immediately after the other in the list of categories, but they are all there.   Next, if you will click on the hamburger at the top right of the Assets Panel and check Show As List, you will get the name of each of the assets (png format) which can help you choose.   I downloaded the User Guide for each Asset bundle ( included in the free offer through My Account) which shows every one of the pngs in much larger form.   Hope this helps! 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Hi @Dan B and welcome! From the Affinity Photo menu choose My Account:

1970050262_Screenshot2021-02-28at17_51_26.png.072b606c51f4f4b87d93dc19d61cb71e.png

If you bought Photo from either the Apple or the Microsoft App Stores, you'll need to create an account with Serif and register your app. This is free. If you bought Photo (macOS or Windows version) from the Serif store, you'll already have an account - the details are not necessarily the same as those you used to sign in to this forum.

156478097_Screenshot2021-02-28at17_53_03.thumb.png.f86d27cc2c6a4046734d37cc35a952a3.png

Once you've got that set up, you can download the overlays, and as @jmwellborn says, they'll be available in your Assets panel.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

@h_d  Thank you!   I missed some rather important preliminary information!!!🙃

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Guys,

Thanks for the tips/hints. I haven't been using Affinity that much over the past year, since I haven't been out shooting in a while. (wonder why). Also, I haven't used any "assets" before. Your input certainly helps and the effects are remarkable..

Great feedback.

Dan B