You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unwanted highlighted Artistic Text in Affinity Designer

Only two months into using Affinity Designer here.

Starting at some point through the progress of my project, any time I create and type new Artistic Text, a purple highlight appears behind it. I don't remember messing with any settings to make it appear. I've tried to look very carefully at the color options on the Artistic Text object but I can't find anything. What am I missing? This hasn't happened to me during other projects until after the 1.9 update, so there's the possibility of a bug or new feature/setting that I'm not aware of yet.

I also attached what the problem looks like in Affinity Designer. The text color was intended to be white, and the color shows as white in the Color tab.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 8.53.27 PM.png

1 hour ago, jonathanrwolff said:

..Starting at some point through the progress of my project, any time I create and type new Artistic Text, a purple highlight appears behind it.

Perhaps - Character Settings, Background Color
If you can't find the Character settings, try View->Studio->Character

Character Dialog.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

51 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Perhaps - Character Settings, Background Color
If you can't find the Character settings, try View->Studio->Character

I see exactly what you're referring to, but that doesn't seem to solve it completely.

It looks like the background color on the Artistic Text is actually already set to None in the Character panel, but that purple background is still there. The attached screenshot shows the result of me changing that background color from None to an actual selected color.

Also, if I change it back to None from that red for example, it goes back to having that purple background.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 12.00.20 AM.png

What you have on your original post is Text Frame background colour (fill) which is a Publisher function.

Whilst in Designer select the text frame then use the Revert Details button in the top Toolbar (looks like a cloud with a red line through it) to see if that cures it.

If not, use Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 hours ago, carl123 said:

What you have on your original post is Text Frame background colour (fill) which is a Publisher function.

Whilst in Designer select the text frame then use the Revert Details button in the top Toolbar (looks like a cloud with a red line through it) to see if that cures it.

If not, use Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset

Yes, I was hoping to find a sort of reset button. Both of those worked, thank you for your help!