You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Assets Shared Between Programs (Publisher, Photo, Designer)

It would be a nice feature to have the assets bought through the Affinity Store/attached user account made available automatically for all apps in the Affinity Suite when installed. IE..no need to install it for each application. 

I If I have an asset installed under Affinity Photo and it's compatible with Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher (all version 1.9) then it should be automatically available to the other programs.

14 minutes ago, terry6422000 said:

It would be a nice feature to have the assets bought through the Affinity Store/attached user account made available automatically for all apps in the Affinity Suite when installed. IE..no need to install it for each application. 

Technically, that is already available.

1. Register each application (My Account function).
  2. In My Account, enable the option to automatically download content, and make sure it says no size restriction.
  3. Everything in your Affinity Store account that is applicable to an application will be downloaded and installed.
  4. New items you purchase will also automatically download and install.

Thus, if your intent is to avoid you having to install the content, that's available. However, if your intent was to save network traffic, and storage space on your disk, then no, it is not available.

And given the current implementation of the Assets panel, and the assets.propcol file, it may be better not to install some of the Asset packs into the application. Instead, it may be better to manually download the ZIP files of the JPG images, and use them via File > Place rather than from the Assets panel.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt,

Thank you again for the information - I understand I can have the apps "automatically download and install" purchases...but that requires additional storage on my system and that of others; downloading/installing for each app would be unnecessary if the files were installed once and "automagically" made available to all apps in the suite family in a common directory.

I also understand I can download once and then use the files for each app manually without using the "assets feature" - but the point of my request is to make it seamless to the end user to use the assets without requiring additional steps. The "Assets" seems like a great new feature that can be made better.

ATB,

Terry