You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I am troubled with Scanlines in my Scans of Old Photos.

Scanning them with 1200 dpi. And just for Print or Displaying they are good enough. But as soon as i work with them (like sharpening) Scanlines become visible.

Now to my Problem. It only happens in certain Areas of wihte and grey.  So using "FFT Denoise" works but i get Banding on other Areas.

Scanlines1.jpg.d004856d069e62adf3e65ee34ca57779.jpg

Zoomed in

With "Detect Horizontal Edges" i can make the worst parts visible.

Scanlines2.jpg.2c3428144a86927115646e8a2332505f.jpg

Zoomed in

But how do i proceed from here out on to only use the Filter on this Areas in the Final Picture?

And is there another Option than the FFT Denois Filter. Because i have a couple of hundred of Pictures and FTT does not work in combination with the Macro Feature for Batch processing.

Hope someone got an Idea

I think you need to upload a full size image with the problem "Scanlines". We cant do/see much with what you have uploaded so far.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I came up with this method.

1. Duplicate the background layer
  2. Set the blend mode to Average
  3. Adjust the size of the image on the Average blend mode layer from the centre node from 4004px to 4014px 

Before

image.png.ca3bfb231303c8f5e878e589ef079e21.png

After

image.png.ee5bd1c4a93a6c366a82f47c8e2e7a0c.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

A simple Dust& Scratches live filter works well too.

image.png.2d34053ea9862de012fd9a51698ea348.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions