You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Default fill color mode (Designer)

Thanks for your reply, but are we talking about the same thing?

Everytime I select Fill, then Colour tab, I need the default selection to be "RGB Hex Sliders", also I don't have that little lock you have on your image...
Also, how to change order of Fill tabs, I have Swatches, Color, Gradient and would like the Color (with default RGB Hex Sliders as a default selection).

Thanks

Edit: 

I'm stupid, been using "Fill" on the top toolbar, now I see there is another one in right toolbar which has that little lock you posted. 

Thanks for your help mate.

Edited by milo695
solved

I've got it, thank you both for your generous support. I was selecting top "Fill" bar instead of using the one on the right toolbar where I can select the default slider and Affinity will memorise the selection so I don't have to selct it every time. 

Btw, I'm impressed by promt responses in this community.

I don’t use the colour selection functionality in the Context Toolbar very much myself but I’ve just done a quick test and, once I set the drop-down within the Colour tab to “RGB Hex Sliders”, it seems to ‘stick’ for me on Windows 10, until I restart the application and it goes back to “HSL Colour Wheel”.
Which OS are you using?

26 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I don’t use the colour selection functionality in the Context Toolbar very much myself but I’ve just done a quick test and, once I set the drop-down within the Colour tab to “RGB Hex Sliders”, it seems to ‘stick’ for me on Windows 10, until I restart the application and it goes back to “HSL Colour Wheel”.
Which OS are you using?

Same as you, win10. 

Yeah, the top or context toolbar reverts each time you restart the app. to a default “HSL Colour Wheel”, that's why I'm asking this.

It seems that if settings are changed on the toolbar on the right, the app memorises the settings even after restart, that's all I needed!

I’ve seen various requests for the Context Toolbar settings to be kept – sometimes they revert to default after swapping tools, not just on restart – so maybe this behaviour will change at some point.
If you can find an existing request for such you could add your support to it or you could start your own thread in the relevant request section of the forums.