You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW lens correction options - photo 1.9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @JonnyPanic,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

As can be seen from the below post, we support RAW files from the Parrot Anafi, however support for lens correction is unfortunately not included -

This is why you are not seeing lens correction options for this camera model - we may include support for these lenses in the future, however I cannot provide any timescale for this, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hey folks,
I celebrate 19 release especially on my iPad Pro but still the lens correction is not applied even when I chose serif labs engine for raw development.
I use files from Panasonic g9 with Olympus 8 mm fisheye pro attached.

When I compare with Mac OS version it is still a big difference

• Staff

Hi @Patryk,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, this certainly isn't something I've had reported previously!

Can you please confirm for me, when you say there is a 'big difference', could you please explain this for me?
Is the difference you're seeing in colour, distortion, cropping of the RAW file?

It would help to see a copy of this RAW file so I can test it here using Windows, Mac and iPad - could you please upload a sample RAW file using this lens here for me?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @Patryk,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, this certainly isn't something I've had reported previously!

Can you please confirm for me, when you say there is a 'big difference', could you please explain this for me?
Is the difference you're seeing in colour, distortion, cropping of the RAW file?

It would help to see a copy of this RAW file so I can test it here using Windows, Mac and iPad - could you please upload a sample RAW file using this lens here for me?

Many thanks in advance!

Hey Dan, 

Sorry for the late feedback on this topic...

I have opened the raw file using serif and apple raw engine but actually it looks the same though I assume that no correction is applied. I will post a shot of the same file using photo on my Mac.

Apple_core_raw.png

SerifLabs.png

• Staff

No problem at all and many thanks for your screenshots from iOS - if you could also please provide a screenshot of the image open within Affinity Photo on your Mac, and a copy of the RAW file itself this would certainly be helpful for me!

Many thanks in advace once again :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all and many thanks for your screenshots from iOS - if you could also please provide a screenshot of the image open within Affinity Photo on your Mac, and a copy of the RAW file itself this would certainly be helpful for me!

Many thanks in advace once again :)

As you see there aren’t any options on iPadOS choosing the lens profile or even take the choice if the lens correction should be applied or not. 
i hope my point is somehow understandable.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-12 um 12.38.47.png

Bildschirmfoto_2021-03-12_um_12_34_08.png

iPadOS options assistant.png

iPadOS_correction.png

1087453.RW2

• Staff

Many thanks for the screenshots and RAW file provided - I have been able to replicate this issue as I can see the same lens correction is not being applied in the iOS version of Affinity and therefore I have logged this as a bug with our developers now.

I hope this helps, many thanks again for your report :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Many thanks for the screenshots and RAW file provided - I have been able to replicate this issue as I can see the same lens correction is not being applied in the iOS version of Affinity and therefore I have logged this as a bug with our developers now.

I hope this helps, many thanks again for your report :)

Great, it is a pleasure to get swift feedback from the team even if I know that this will take some time until this is done.

Cheers