You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open Windows not saved when Affinity closes

Hi all,

This used to work!

When I would quit AffinityDesigner (AD) and reopen it all the documents would reopen. Now they don't.

I checked the Preferences and the 'Reopen Document on Startup" is checked.

Is there something I'm missing? Some system folder on the Mac (10.9.5) that's not setup right? I repaired permissions and didn't see anything there.

I think it started when I had to reinstall OSX a couple weeks back and copy over Apps (since my clone wound up being incomplete). Everything works fine otherwise. In all my apps excepts these docs not reopening.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks,

John...

• 7 years later...

I've got this problem too. I have Affinity Publisher in Windows 11 on a desktop machine, and when I close Publisher with a document open, and re-open Publisher, it opens with no document showing. 

UPDATE: I have just seen another user's note saying that Affinity strongly recommend not saving on an external drive. I was indeed saving this file on a "Network-Attached Storage" device (I don't know exactly what that means, but the device is connected by a cable to my computer). I therefore made a copy direct from that location to a location on my internal hard drive in my PC. Then opened that copy in Affinity, made a tiny edit and closed Affinity. When I re-opened Affinity, it automatically also opened the file I had open last time it closed. Problem appears to be solved!

Thank you to whoever it was that said don't save Affinity files on external media.

Edited by SSFF9