You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

rasterizing ShadowEffect offsets Shadow

• Staff

Hi elBrandzo,

Could you attach the file you're using to reproduce this please, along with the names of the layers you're rasterising and instructions we may need please? As it stands I'm unable to reproduce this on a new document.

14 minutes ago, elBrandzo said:

The Layer is "Logo" - as it´s the only one with a shadoweffect.

? Wrong file uploaded?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Thanks for the file,

I believe this is to be expected.

Your current object has a large bounds, but masked by a different object (and is also rotated). When this is rasterised it creates a pixel layer that was smaller than your original, rotated object. This causes the Layer Effect to get scaled. However there are two ways around this you can either untick 'Preserve Layer FX' and that will also rasterise the shadow, but make it non-editable. Alternatively you can go into the Layer Effects dialog and untick 'Scale with object' this will prevent the shadow from being scaled to match the objects new scale and should ensure the values are retained.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.