You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.6 Main Window captures tools

mattspace

High Sierra: When the Tools are a separate floating palette, if the main application window is dragged behind them (eg they're on a separate display), mouse released, then the main window is dragged again, it will capture the tools and drag them along with it.

Problem manifests in 1.8.6 of Designer, Photo and Publisher.

• Staff

Hey mattspace,

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen here. Panels remain where they are so perhaps the Tools should. I'll find out.

FYI - something like this that affects all 3 apps doesn't need to be posted in all 3 forums for their respective app. It's backend code so a fix in one app will fix it for all 3! Just saves you some time reporting it. 

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it would get a bug logged for all apps without a post for each - perhaps the forum could use a "common bug" thread? Also, Designer's Application Window doesn't seem to behave the same way as Photo & Publisher (not respecting display position after quit / launch), so it's hard to predict what's common and what isn't.

BTW you don't need a separate display to trigger the behaviour bug (just shrink the application window and try it), and it was also in 1.8.4.