Lags and crashes iPad A.Photo

Here is the situation:

I Start a document A4,

I import 7 images, all converted to pixel layers :

1/ 2240x2642pix ;

2/ 2754x3272pix, with a transparency mask layer 

3/ 2480x3508pix, with product layer mode

4/ 4images at 4960x3507pix, with product layer mode

I do resize operations, on the screen with the handles of the image.

At some point, affinity starts to lag. When I start to resize, it shows the first rectangle risizing box and the destination one. 

Waiting a little, it resizes, everything alright.

Doing other resizing it lags again, then freezes completely. I can wait but nothing happen.

When I quit (without killing) the app and I reopen it, the application starts the app initialization procedure. In other words, it has crashed previously.

My work is not saved.

My configuration: IPad Pro 2nd Gen 12,9inches, 64Go (4Go Free); iOS 14.1, Affinity Photo 1.8.6.198

Thanks for the help / fix

Christophe

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your answer.

I created a neutral file as far as my original file was containing my customer pictures.

With this file I recreated the bug. After playing a while I can better tell when the bug occurs.

The crash happens only when application is lagging. Lagging happens essentially when I resize a layer with a corner handle (uniform resize) that i move fast and i release soon, then I resize again the same way... With a fast consecutive trials, it starts lagging, then at some points it freezes and finally may crash.

All that said, I guess that my iPad RAM guet saturated...

The only other application running in the background is a webradio. No video streaming.

Thanks

Bug.afphoto

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey Christophe31,

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't following the thread. I've tried this for a good 10 mins and don't get a crash. I've asked for other tests on different iPad's to be carried out.

If we get the crash we try and reproduce it, we can log it with the developers.