You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

what happened to opt+backspace?

lepr

In the three 1.8.6 apps and current 1.9 betas on macOS, option key has no modifying effect when using backspace key to delete a node of a curve. Option key should result in the app attempting to preserve the shape of the curve when a node is deleted, but only simple node deletion is happening, the same as when only the backspace key is pressed.

I checked in APub 1.7.3 on macOS, and option key with backspace key is effective there: the app does attempt to preserve the shape of the path.

I will post a bug report if nobody can solve this puzzle by tomorrow.

Just now, Lagarto said:

It was better than nothing but did not work anywhere close to a similar feature in competitive apps.

Yes, it was much better than nothing. I suspect it has gone missing on Mac and Windows by accident, possibly a side effect of the recent reduction of right+left button insanity in the apps on Windows.

• 1 month later...

I've now found that the real culprit is a more general problem with 1.8.x and beta 1.9 apps, AD, AP and APub, on macOS: modifier keys are ignored when used with backspace key and so the result is always as if backspace alone were being pressed. Modifiers are being recognised with backspace when using the keyboard shortcut preferences editor, but they are being ignored when editing a document.