You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing color on speech bubble

Hi Everyone,

I thought I could do a basic color change, but apparently I was wrong : (

Problem: Speech bubble doesn't change color.

Video content: I change the color of a box, then trying to change the color of a speech bubble. 

Any suggestions on how to change the speech bubble color would be appreciated.

Steve  

In the first instance, you are changing the fill colour of the Group at the top-right of the canvas, rather than the fill colour of the speech bubble near the middle of the canvas, and that looks fine.
In the second instance we can’t see the layer which you are modifying in the Layers Panel so it’s difficult to tell what’s happening.
Try going into the Layer Panel and selecting "Auto-scroll" from the settings menu (hamburger icon at top-right). Then select the layer you want to modify and open all of the nested child layers (if any exist). Then make a new video so we can see what’s happening.

It looks as though you've converted the original call-out to a Text Frame. That's why the layer, when selected, is labelled Shape Text. (There's no text in it, the white text appears to be in a separate frame.)

You'll need to use the Text Frame panel (View-Studio-Text Frame) to change the colour and stroke settings of the speech bubble:

247243701_Screenshot2020-10-21at09_15_30.png.69e6cb8a346eb4bc712b619bc883c5cc.png

Alternatively, don't convert the call-out bubble to a text frame at all, just keep the text floating over the top. That way you can change the colour settings of the bubble in the way you're trying to in your video.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.