You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pasting a frame text over my currently selected object

Hi,

I'm facing this recurrent situation. I have a bunch of circles and I now want to add a "label" to all of them, as you can see here:

image.png.d076a3577e01133bf2874f4fd4886619.png

Now, to the best of my knowledge, the only way to "apply" this to all circles is to go through each one of them and add this text tool on top. At this point I'm just copying this "B". It would greatly help if it were possible to select my other circles (one by one):

image.png.4baf725b7fc62ffd46203c652c21080b.png

and then just somehow paste my "B" text tool object over this selection. Because as of right now, doing CTRL+C + CTRL+V will just paste it over the original object, so I end up having to manually move it to the right place, which can get quite tiresome.

Is there a better of pasting contents over the current selection?

video:

1763527071_copypaste.gif.35f3d0c2dc071edff5629d66df20753b.gif

Another method, using Designer, would be to nest your text within a circle, make a Symbol from the circle and then duplicate the Symbol as necessary. This would give you a lot of circles with the same text in so you can Detach each circle (that you want to alter the text in) from being a Symbol and then edit the text within. See attached video.