You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display Performance Setting for Speed - Affinity Publisher

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is a straightforward one...

I have been using Affinity Publisher for some time now and I love the app.

However, recently I have been working up quite a large file (approx 70 pages) with some quite high resolution images (linked) in the document.

The issue I'm having now is that I am experiencing some serious lag  - particularly when scrolling through the pages/masterpages section.

Now, admittedly this did always used to happen in Indesign too when a file would reach a certain size, but I could very easily change the 'Display Performance' (View -> Display Performance) to temporarily reduce the quality in the view. The images don't need to be at full resolution whilst working in the live file, so this was always a super useful feature in Indesign to help speed up workflow...

Is there a similar feature in Affinity Publisher, or another workaround?

• Staff

Hi @Jim_Tim,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I recommend trying the steps outlined in the below FAQ -

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @MichelleTGG,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there's no option to control the display performance for images in the Affinity apps currently, my apologies.

Under Preferences > Performance you can change View Quality to Nearest Neighbour and Retina Rendering to Low Quality (Fastest), setting these are the best way to reduce app strain when displaying large document etc.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!