You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Never-ending load of IDML file on macOS

Barnabé

I've seen this issue around in the forum, I have an IDML file that I would like to load in Publisher, but the loading never ends. Last I checked it was using 70 GB memory according to the Activity Monitor.

Is there a way to "soft-open" the file so that I can check which are the linked resources? It never suggests this option on opening

I can upload the file, I have seen that you offer this option with the dropbox links.

Thank you

21 hours ago, Barnabé said:

Is there a way to "soft-open" the file so that I can check which are the linked resources?

Since the .IDML file type appears to base on the .XML format a workaround might be to open the .IDML with an according text editor app. There you could find the linked resource paths in the entry "LinkResourceURI=", for instance:

619069415_viewidmlastexttockecklinkedresources.thumb.jpg.32bbb2f5b1664b274817c3aece0f8a1d.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1