You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse Wheel zoom for Designer? (Ipad)

Hello, I’ve been using Affinity Designer on Ipad pro. Normally it should be easy to zoom in and out with a keyboard button + mouse wheel, I tried a lot of combination but I can’t zoom with mouse & keyboard. Thank you.

Edited by Mert

• Staff

Hi @Mert and Welcome to the Forums,

From looking into this, for scrolling to work it does seem to depend on the mouse thats being used.  If you this thread you'll see it's working for the Apple Magic Mouse.

It's also confirmed that panning round the document using the space+mouse doesn't work but again this really all depends on the mouse you are using.  Which mouse are you using?

On 9/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, stokerg said:

Hi @Mert and Welcome to the Forums,

From looking into this, for scrolling to work it does seem to depend on the mouse thats being used.  If you this thread you'll see it's working for the Apple Magic Mouse.

It's also confirmed that panning round the document using the space+mouse doesn't work but again this really all depends on the mouse you are using.  Which mouse are you using?

Thanks, I’m using Logitech Pebble, it’s pretty decent actualy I couldn’t afford magic mouse. Also cmd+ and cmd- are not working for zooming in and out. There should be some way around it. 

Edited by Mert

• Staff

Hi @Mert,

I've just been looking into the Pebble and it does state for the scroll to work you need to enable Assistive Touch in the Accessibility setting of the iPad, so would be worth checking that's enabled.  From everything i've seen online, it does seem that some mice work better than others.  Can you confirm if scrolling works in any other app on your iPad?

Cmd+ and Cmd- for zooming, i'll need to get that confirmed, as i'm not sure if we expect that to work or not at the moment.

6 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi @Mert,

I've just been looking into the Pebble and it does state for the scroll to work you need to enable Assistive Touch in the Accessibility setting of the iPad, so would be worth checking that's enabled.  From everything i've seen online, it does seem that some mice work better than others.  We are also in the process of getting some different mice with scroll wheels ordered so we can confirm what should and shouldn't work.

Cmd+ and Cmd- for zooming, i'll need to get that confirmed, as i'm not sure if we expect that to work or not at the moment.

Thank you for your help, I enabled assistive touch and played with settings but unfortunately didn’t work. I’ll try to test out magic mouse if I see one but I tried my other cabled mouses but they were worst than Pebble. I’ll be waiting for your response, thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I really need this feature as well,  is there another way to zoom in/out and panning?. Keyboard shortcut be very helpful because it’s hard to use a mouse and keyboard and have to touch the screen to navigate the canvas. I tried to use different mouse but scroll wheel to zoom didn’t work. And space + mouse left click also didn’t work.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this as I just came across the same problem on my iPad. The scroll wheel works fine across iPadOS, in browsers, email, file manager, etc. On Affinity Photo / Designer it doesn’t register.

I’m using this mouse: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/d/novo-microsoft-bluetooth-ergonomic-mouse/94jnl0t5kdck

Additionally, you can’t interact with anything on the canvas using the mouse if the option “Touch for gestures only” is enabled. I don’t know if this is a iPadOS limitation, but I’d like to keep touches for gestures only, while also being able to interact with everything freely with the mouse.

Thanks!