You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

installation issue

dave_H

I have been using Affinity Photo for many months on my Windows 10 64-bit machine.  A Microsoft update failed on my computer so I ended up having to do a factory reset.  I have downloaded the installation set from Affinity from my account and it will not install.  I get a message that "Setup cannot proceed for the following reasons:  Supported Windows version not found" . 

My factory reset was via the recovery media that I saved when the computer was first purchased (back in around 2015. 

Current version of windows installed is Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, OS Build 10586.164

Any ideas what I need to do?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Your installed Windows release is too old. You will need to update to a more recent release. Start > Settings, then Updates & Security, and Check for Updates.

Edit: Release 1607 Anniversary update or higher is required. Note that you're using a 2015 release, and at a minimum you need the  release from 2016. The most current one is 2004 from this year, though many Windows 10 users are probably still on 1903 or 1909 from last year (and I would suggest you go up to at least one of those).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Your installed Windows release is too old. You will need to update to a more recent release. Start > Settings, then Updates & Security, and Check for Updates.

Edit: Release 1607 Anniversary update or higher is required. Note that you're using a 2015 release, and at a minimum you need the  release from 2016. The most current one is 2004 from this year, though many Windows 10 users are probably still on 1903 or 1909 from last year (and I would suggest you go up to at least one of those).

Many thanks - I kind of guessed that would be the issue but I had searched to see which version was the minimum to run Affinity Photo and failed to find the info that you have now kindly supplied.  I am all over it - thanks.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1