You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any way to mass update where Publisher looks for linked image files?

I'm currently working part time in the office, and part time at home. I have Affinity Publisher files stored on OneDrive synced on my work and home computer. However, if I work on a Publisher file on the work iMac, save it to OneDrive and then try to work from it on my WIndows home computer, all the linked files are broken. I then have to relink them all if I want to work on the file at home, which, when you're working on a Publisher file that has 50+ images, isn't exactly a productive use of my time. Considering it's all in the same folder structure (because they're on a synced OneDrive folder), is there any way to tell Publisher 'the folder where all the images are stored are here with all the same subdirectories' and then Publisher just relink all the images? I swear when I was using InDesign a year or two ago it could do this.

I know one work around is to stop using linked files, but that means the file size would end up being massive, and it seems a bit silly given I'm working from the same OneDrive folder on my computers.

Thanks for any tips/tricks!

If the linked files are all in the same directory, then:

1. Open the .afpub file.
  2. When you get the dialog popup about missing resources, choose "Yes", not "Resource Manager".
  3. Locate the file that Publisher presents to you.
  4. Publisher should automatically find all the others.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 months later...

This does not work for me (1.9.1).

When I start linking them one at a time, Publisher hangs.

I would like to be able to point the program at the folder with the images. How difficult can that be? Once it finds one, it should find the rest of the placed/linked/embedded images.