You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo iMac, Windows and iPadPro version give slightly different results

I opened a Nikon raw on my iPadPro, Surface Book and iMac applied the same raw development settings to the image and exported as a 16 bit Tiff with the same settings applied (full disclosure, I forgot to remove the spot top right hand corner on the windows version) and got slightly different results, with the iMac and Surface Book looking the same, but the iPadPro version slightly different when they are all viewed on the same screen. Viewed all 3 on both the iMac and Surface Book and the same results. I couldn't compare on the iPadPro as it just didn't want to display the 3 images - more an iPad thing given the iMac and Surface Book with full os's were able to.

My question is.....should I expect the same result from these products on different platforms? It's noticeable that the iMac and Surface Book versions are the same file size and same look, whereas the iPadPro version is a slightly smaller file and looks slightly different. 

The machines were all running the latest version of Affinity Photo:

iPadPro AP 1.8.4, iOS 13.6.1

iMac AP 1.8.4, Catalina 10.15.6

SurfaceBook AP 1.8.5, Win 10 Pro, 19041.450

As far as I can see all at the latest versions of product and platform  

On the Windows machine you used the Serif Labs Raw engine while developing the file.

On your Mac you had a choice of using the Serif engine or the Apple engine.

On the iPad your only choices was the Apple engine.

Unless all were using the same engine (which they weren't) I wouldn't expect exactly the same results.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1