You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incredibly many different errors 1.8.4.693

Die aktuelle Version vom Affinity Designer 1.8.4.693 unter Win10 Pro, aktuelle Updates, ist die fehlerbehaftetste seit langer Zeit. Es funktionieren das Subtrahieren von 2 Formen sehr oft falsch, nach einem Neustart verschwindet der Fehler. Es werden übereinanderliegende Ebenen falsch verdeckt angezeigt, und, dafür habe ich einen hübschen Screenshot, nicht vorhandene Konturen angezeigt.

Ich hoffe, dass es sehr, sehr bald ein Update gibt. Bis dahin werde ich sicherlich die vorige Version installieren, denn mit der 1.8.4.693 macht die Arbeit keinen Sinn.

The current version of Affinity Designer 1.8.4.693 on Win10 Pro, latest updates, is the most buggy version in a long time. Very often the subtraction of 2 forms works wrong, after a restart the error disappears. Layers on top of each other are displayed incorrectly hidden, and, I have a nice screenshot for this, non-existent contours are displayed.
I hope that there will be an update very, very soon. Until then I will certainly install the previous version, because with 1.8.4.693 the work makes no sense.

AD Bug 1.8.4.693.PNG

• Staff

Hi SunRiseMoon,
To be able to fix the bugs you're reporting we have to know what the steps you're doing to reproduce the issues. One of the most important things to aid in the replication and reporting of issues is supporting files that make it easier for us to reproduce the issues. See the tips on the link below:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

11 minutes ago, SunRiseMoon said:

The current version of Affinity Designer 1.8.4.693 on Win10 Pro, latest updates, is the most buggy version in a long time. Very often the subtraction of 2 forms works wrong, after a restart the error disappears. 

Do you have a file that causes this almost all the time? Boolean operations are unfortunately by their nature very specific so are not always easy to reproduce.

11 minutes ago, SunRiseMoon said:

Layers on top of each other are displayed incorrectly hidden, and, I have a nice screenshot for this, non-existent contours are displayed.

Again do you have a file (feel free to remove the unrelated elements) that demonstrates this please so we can investigate? If you would rather not share the file publicly then I have created a link below to our internal Dropbox that you can attach the file to:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/kb2xWZk35VKZS3Hb3mv8

Hi Sean P,
Ich habe ein File, das kann ich, da ich eigentlich nur eine für mich umfangreiche Vorlage zu Übungszwecken nachbauen möchte. Nur weiß ich nicht, ob es wirklich hilfreich wäre.
Wenn ich nämlich AD schließe und neu starte, dann funktionieren die Bearbeitungsschritte wieder einige Zeit. Bis dann plötzlich wieder etwas nicht funktioniert. Die Datei wird jedoch korrekt gespeichert. Da ich eigentlich Programmfehler aus dem Protokoll lösche, sind fehlerhafte boolsche Bearbeitungen nicht mehr vorhanden. Boolsche Operation habe ich mit der Muttermilch am Beginn meiner Computerbeschäftigung etwa 1978 verwendet, beim Programmieren in Maschinensprache einer Intel 8080 CPU kein man mit and/or/not/xor umgehen, oder kann das Programmieren aufgeben.
Derzeit habe ich etwa 20% der Vorlage digitalisiert, und die Datei ist 119 MByte groß, viele Rechtecke, viele Farbverläufe, viele kleine Änderungen nachträglich. Es ist eine umfangreiche, keine komplexe Zeichnung, doch ein Protokoll mitzuspeichern würde die Datei sehr groß und damit bald sehr unhandlich machen. Deshalb ist auch keinen vorhanden. Wenn AD zwei Kurven subtrahiert, z.B. zwei sich kreuzende Balken, dann ist der Balken in der oberen Ebene der Minuend, der Balken in der unteren Ebene der Subtrahent. Nach dem Subtrahieren sollte der obere Balken zweigeteilt sein. Als der Fehler auftrat, verschwand der Minuend zur Gänze, vom Subtrahent blieb auf einer Seite das überstehende Stück des Subtrahenten.
Die Zeichnung zeigt erwartetes und unerwartetes Ergebnis.

Das Beispielbild wurde mit der Version 1.8.3.641 erstellt.

Ich habe noch einen älteren PC min Win 7 und auch der neuen Version von AD. Dort habe ich das im Posting gezeigte Problem mit der Kontur, obwohl die Kontur abgeschaltet ist, ebenso. Allerdings ist das ein Verhalten von AD, dass, sobald man bei der Kontur einen Wert >0 hat, eine schwarze Kontur gezeigt wird, obwohl die Konturfarbe angeschaltet ist. Kann sein, dass das immer so war und ich, wenn ich unerwartet eine Kontur hatte einfach an einen Bedienungsfehler meinerseits vermutet hatte. Ich finde diese Voreinstellung nicht gut. Arbeitet man an einer Kurve, sieht man ja die blauen Linien. Besonders, wenn man Ebenen kopiert, das mache ich sehr häufig, macht es viel Arbeit, eigentlich nicht gewünschte Konturen zu entfernen. Benötigte Konturen und Farben gezielt zu setzen, ist die effizientere Methode.

Nun habe ich die neue Version von AD auf dem Win10-PC deinstalliert und die Version 1.8.3.641 installiert. Bei dieser arbeite ich nun seit etwa 2 Stunden an der Zeichnung weiter, bisher ohne Fehler. Mir sind in den letzten Versionen von AD keine Programmfehler aufgefallen, obwohl natürlich welche vorhanden waren. Es ist ja Software.

Wenn Sie die Datei haben wollen, können Sie sie gerne haben, nur bezweifle ich, dass sie Ihnen bei der Problemsuche hilft, denn die Datei der Version 1.8.4.693 ist längst überschrieben, ein Protokoll ist nicht mitgespeichert, und selbst im Protokoll würde nur stehen, was ich beschrieben habe, und der Fehler ist nicht beliebig reproduzierbar. Fehler treten nach einiger Zeit unerwartet auf. Man denkt, dass man etwas falsch gemacht hat, bis er sich immer wiederholt, bis man AD neu startet.

Hi, Sean P,
I have a file, I can do that, because I would like to rebuild a template for practice purposes. Only I do not know if it would be really helpful.
If I close AD and restart it, the editing steps will work again for some time. Until then suddenly something doesn't work again.But the file is saved correctly. Since I actually delete program errors from the log, incorrect Boolean edits are no longer present. I have used boolean operation with my mother's milk at the beginning of my computer employment about 1978, when programming in machine language of an Intel 8080 CPU no one can handle and/or/not/xor, or can give up programming.
Currently I have digitized about 20% of the original, and the file is 119 MByte in size, many rectangles, many gradients, many small changes afterwards. It is an extensive drawing, not a complex one, but to save a protocol with it would make the file very large and thus soon very unwieldy. That is why there is none. If AD subtracts two curves, e.g. two intersecting bars, the bar in the upper level is the minuend, the bar in the lower level is the subtrahend. After subtracting, the upper bar should be divided in two. When the error occurred, the minuend disappeared completely, and on one side of the subtrahend was the protruding part of the subtrahend.
The drawing shows expected and unexpected results.

The sample image was created with version 1.8.3.641.

I still have an older PC min Win 7 and also the new version of AD. There I have the problem with the stroke shown in the posting, although the stroke is switched off, as well. Now I uninstalled the new version of AD on the Win10 PC and installed version 1.8.3.641. I have been working on the sample for about 2 hours now, so far without errors.
Since I actually delete program errors from the log, incorrect Boolean edits are no longer present. I have used boolean operation with my mother's milk at the beginning of my computer employment about 1978, when programming in machine language of an Intel 8080 CPU no one can handle and/or/not/xor, or can give up programming.
Currently I have digitized about 20% of the original, and the file is 119 MByte in size, many rectangles, many gradients, many small editing afterwards. It is an extensive drawing, not a complex one, but to save a protocol with it would make the file very large and thus soon very unwieldy. That is why there is none. If AD subtracts two curves, e.g. two intersecting bars, the bar in the upper level is the minuend, the bar in the lower level is the subtrahend. After subtracting, the upper bar should be divided in two. When the error occurred, the minuend disappeared completely, and on one side of the subtrahend was the protruding part of the subtrahend.
The drawing shows expected and unexpected results.

I still have an older PC min Win 7 and also the new version of AD. There I have the problem with the stroke shown in the posting, although the stroke is switched off, as well.  Now I uninstalled the new version of AD on the Win10 PC and installed version 1.8.3.641. With this version I have been working on the drawing for about 2 hours now, so far without issues. However, this is a behavior of AD, that as soon as the stroke has a value >0, a black stroke is shown, although the contour color is switched on. It may be that this was always the case and that if I unexpectedly had a stroke, I simply assumed that I had made an operating error. I do not like this default setting. If you work on a curve, you can see the blue lines. Especially when you copy layers, which I do very often, it is a lot of work to remove strokes that are not wanted. The more efficient method is to set the required strokes and colours.
 Now I uninstalled the new version of AD on the Win10 PC and installed version 1.8.3.641.With this version I have been working on the drawing for about 2 hours now, so far without errors.  I did not notice any program errors in the last versions of AD, although there were some. It is software.

If you want the file, you are welcome to have it, but I doubt that it will help you to find the problem, because the file of version 1.8.4.693 has long since been overwritten, a log is not saved with it, and even the log would only show what I have described, and the error is not reproducible at will. Errors appear unexpectedly after some time. You think you have done something wrong until it repeats itself over and over again, until you restart AD.

Fehlerbeschreibung.jpg