You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All,

I'm working on an iOS app prototype using several Artboards (to keep track of the different design stages) in one AD-document. I must have done something pretty stupid that I can't fix (or can't find the fix for) for days now. 

With snapping activated, I don't get the usual red (horizontally) and green (vertically) snapping "guides" any longer, but therefore get an orange one for both. I don't mind the color change but moving an item say from left to right makes it jump up and down (maybe to snapping to other guides?) a bit, so that I can't move an item either horizontally or vertically "smoothly" any longer.

The usual green and red snapping guides only appear when I hold down command (as I just discovered by creating he screenshot below), but they look to be out of place, too. 

I tried different snapping options from the drop down menu and now have everything set up exactly like in a sample project where everything is working fine, so this looks to be document base rather than app based.

Is here any way to reset the snapping engine for a document? The only other thing that could have caused this in my eyes is that my canvas accidentally got rotated once. I fixed that using the "View/Reset rotation" command. Could that have led to this snapping issue?

I'm sure there is an easy fix for that, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

1383891879_Screenshot2020-08-17at10_53_59.thumb.png.baf6e8ca24359c1ba4576bf9adb93c9f.png

You seem to have an Isometric Grid set up. Go to View > Grid Manager and set it back to regular/normal.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.