You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Notebook Layout on A.D. on ipad

Hello,

I only have an iPad Pro, no other desktop or laptop. I need to layout notebooks of 50 to 100 pages for Amazon Kinder Direct Publishing. Covers will be designed separately. Each inner page is identically lined with white background but with variations at the corner - a different clipart for each page. It should eventually be saved as a PDF. A notebook of another theme has a different quote from famous people on each page.

Can this be done with A.D. on iPad (without excessive tediousness)? I have not explore multi-page design on A.F. yet. Is there anyway of automation for such task.

I only own an Affinity Designer on iPad. I didn’t find Affinity Publisher for iPad, is it available? Or do you recommend another iPad app for this purpose? Thank you.

• Staff

Hi @Foundx and Welcome to the Forums,

You could do this using Artboards and then export out as PDF.  You would have to add each artboard separately, there isn't an automated way to do this.  So yes it would be a lot of work but its possible.

I'm sure if anyone is aware of another app that would be better suited towards this, they will post :) 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:05 AM, Foundx said:

(without excessive tediousness)?

I would say 50 - 100 pages in Designer will be tedious.

Myself, my feeling would be to tackle it using the following workflow:

Set up the "identical lined page’ artwork in Designer.

Amend/work on the "clip art" in Designer.

Then export all the above from Designer as individual PDFs and import into Apple’s Pages app where I’d do all the layout.

I believe you can copy pages (with your lined art placed) easily in Pages (might be wrong so test that first).

Export as PDF from there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.