You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

perspective gird tool is not working

I am also having a problem with this tool. I am working on a MacBook, MacOS 10.15, then the 11 Beta. The fault appears an intermittent one. With some images, the tool works as expected. Other images - the tool does nothing apart from produce a movable grid. That is, it has no effect on the image. This can happen between photographs taken during the same session on the same (iPhone) camera. Quitting the program and going back in sometimes works. The kind of source file doesn't seem to make a difference, but performance is a little patchy.

The problem when using the perspective tool is not new and is an ongoing unresolved bug (or something). I have problems whenever I use the Mesh Warp tool, and this problem goes way back to when I first started using AP. It happens with any file, any size, any format. I start to use the tool but after a couple of adjustments the bounding box moves but the image I am working on does not, then the program freezes and I have to shut it down and restart it. The only way I can work with the tool is by saving the state of the image before the freezing begins so when I open the image again after restarting I can continue from where I left off. I have not been able to resolve/understand/ why this happens, but as I said, it's an ongoing issue.

I have come to accept it as either a failing in the software, or a failing of my laptop - I don't know which. 

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.