You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Divide, Cut, Path a shape(s), line(s) using a Line

I know how to mask a complex vector object to make it look like it has been Divided/Cut by another Line.

(see attached)

Is there a way to divide multiple vector objects with a Line though?

Using Illustrator Path Tools I believe the selection was Outline (could  be wrong) but there is only one choice when using an open line and not a closed shape from what I remember.

The result split the Objects intersected by the line.  You could then "Break" each part away. 

Thanks!

Bar Break DIM.afdesign

Hi Marsofearth,

There is currently no way to do this within the App. However a Knife tool is something that is on our Road Map which means it will be added in the future. Hope this helps :)

C

Glad to hear the Knife Tool is on the roadmap

I don't use the knife tool very often though.  Most of my vector graphics that I need to "Chop" require a "Quicker, more accurate" way of dividing vectors into pieces

Unless of course the Knife Tool implementation is completely different from how Illustrators is...

Looking at Illustrators Pathfinder Pallet is a good starting place to re-create/improve upon, judging by how many people use it.

I'll continue to quick mask, and when I have to use Illustrator or other vector app to divide.

Thank you!