You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very basic question regarding Affinity

I have purchased a new camera that is not supported by 5.6 of Lightroom. Prompted by the Affinity review on Bythom.com, I am considering changing my habit of paying Adobe $110+ every 6 months to upgrade, and, instead, try Affinity. The camera is a Fuji x-t10.

Some things about me:

1. I am not a Photoshop user. I have used Lightroom primarily for the purpose of converting RAW files and accomplishing minor edits, as well as cataloging photos.

2. I have some interest is becoming more proficient in RAW file development. I am not a pro. This is a hobby.

3. Right now, my primary interest is being able to download RAW files from SD cards, view the files, and perform minor edits/development, and then store the files for later review, printing, distribution.

4. Computers/devices used in my household include Macbook Pro, Imac, and latest generation Ipad.

My question:

Will purchase of Affinity, combinded with software native to my Macbook/Imac allow me to accomplish the items stipulated in 3, above?

I realize Affinty is a wonderful program, allowing fantastic results for those capable of comprehending and useing the various features- I have viewed a few of the tutorials; but will it serve as a surrogate for Lightroom in the inexperienced and incapable hands of someone like myself?

thank you for any response.

Best regards,

Wayne

• Staff

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forums,

Affinity Photo will allow you to develop your RAW files and make any necessary changes to them. However I would recommend waiting a couple of weeks as we will be releasing a trial version of the app shortly that you will be able to try and experiment with.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.