You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TIFF file loads flipped

I have a couple of TIFF files that Affinity 1.8.3 always loads in a flipped (horizontally) fashion. I've tried restarting Affinity without effect. They load in my other image editing applications correctly.

I can supply a file if that is helpful.

Hi and welcome to the forums @rbrazile,

Do you mean rotated (90 degrees) or flipped (left to right)? A file would be good, there is the Metadata panel in Photo where you can check to see if the camera has correctly recorded Horizontal or Vertical orientation.

833306895_ScreenShot2020-05-31at7_32_11AM.png.ad16d626ba56d221d4113bf14bcd96ee.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sorry, I meant flipped (left to right). I will upload one of the affected TIFF files (not all files are affected).

I've selected one that has writing in it, which should make it apparent whether it is reversed or not.

Edited by rbrazile

They are generated with Sigma Photo Pro, the latest version, from Sigma Foveon RAW files on a Mac running Catalina. The files show properly oriented in Preview, as well as in a couple other image editors I've tried, for what it's worth.

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue with Tiff files from Epson FastFoto App. If I scan with the epson app and then rotate the Tiff, Affinity Photo will load the file flipped horizontally and vertically. Photoshop will open it correctly and MacOS will preview it correctly. Just resaving the Tiff from Photoshop will allow Affinity Photo to open it correctly. Happy to provide a sample if helpful.

1995_June_Santa_Fe_1995_0042_a.tif

Sorry should have clarified - I'm seeing the issue in 1.8.3. Tried more photos just to be sure and definitely happening but in a very specific case with Epson FastFoto software. I'm 90% sure it only happens when you use FastFoto to rotate a photo 90% before saving. Photoshop can open it fine but AP will flip it horizontally. Attached second photo where you can see in the name of the building past the bridge that the photo is flipped. Plan to try it with Epson Scan 2 (with my V550) to see if it has the same issue. Love the fast response. Obviously this is a pretty fringe case.

1996_October_Clayton_and_Ann_Photos_0003_a.tif