You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

very slower than adobe PS,

if i open large format PS file, computing and open too slow, and working on large format files performance is very slow, we need speed next level computing system, you have to improve graphic acceleration performances, wastes lot of time waiting for computing progress 

It is, but I suspect this is windows no?

If so it's likely because it's not hardware accelerated in the same respect as PS. It's especially apparent in making a brush big or working with layesr in 50MB files.

8 hours ago, odkhuu said:

but AP is slow and not smooth on same file

On the Mac, for most of my common use cases, Affinity Photo is a fair bit faster than Photoshop.

10 hours ago, km.au said:

If so it's likely because it's not hardware accelerated in the same respect as PS.

Bingo.  It is on the Mac, but not currently on the other platform - I understand that is something Serif is looking into.

Yeah, unfortunately for hi res stuff (50 megapixel files) Affinity Photo is barely production ready. 

If you have two layers and put the brush size up in order to blend, it takes like 30 seconds per brush stroke for AP to calculate. Hopefully hardware acceleration is available soon, wouldn't even mind buying the program again just for this feature.

yes, problem on high resolution images to edit, i open large image files waiting for a minute, if i zoom or move on the image i wait blurring for 2 second to render image, AD, AP also same. i'm trial user willing to skip affinity from adobe. 

1 hour ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Hmmm... What do you mean with "wouldn’t even buying the program again just for this feature"...?

Can you buy a app/program twice? Have you a licence of Affinity Photo on Windows, or, just running an trial version?

Oh, it's more how much I'm willing to fund to get this fixed. It's quite difficult to deal with everyday and hi res images but yet...still better than dealing with Adobe!