You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggest additions to the gradients

In radial gradients I would love to have a few features added.  Maybe they are already there but I haven't discovered how to do them.  If so please let me know how to access them.

1. I would love a modify key that would let me move the entire gradient from the moveable end.  When the gradient is long and one end is off the screen moving the pivot end while seeing the moveable end is a problem.

2. A way to change the length of the gradient from the moveable end.  Currently we have to keep switching ends in a trial and error process, which again is very difficult with a relatively long gradient.

3. A way to freeze the length, so when the angle is changed the length would remain the same.

On linear gradients there are a couple wishes also.

1. A way to modify the angle in very small increments is necessary.  A short gradient that covers a long distance on an angled object is currently impossible to get correct.

2. It would be great to have a modify key that would lock the entire gradient allowing it to be drug from either end.

3. A way to swap the ends of the gradient before it is drawn.  I find that I always seem to draw a gradient from the native color to the modified color.  But the gradient always darkens the starting color and ends with the native color.  So on every linear gradient drawn I need to do a Reverse as soon as it's drawn.

On elliptical gradients it's great that the program knows to center the gradient and adjust the arms to the size of the ellipse automatically.  But currently the horizontal arm is always the one that gets the tick mark and new color spots added.  It would be very handy if the program knew to add these to the longest leg whichever direction it is facing.  On a tall thin ellipse it is difficult to make the required changes.  Rotating the gradient 90 degrees cures this but then the length of the arms both need to be readjusted.

Thank you for considering these additions.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra