You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I bought affinity but I can't download again

@pablodgl

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Which store did you originally purchase the app from (which app, by the way?) MAC App Store or Affinity Store?  Which ever it is you will need to log into that same store, using the same email or ID and password as you used for the original purchase.  You should then be able to download the software again.

HTTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Bought Affinity Photo yesterday, downloaded, had great fun using it. today couldn't find it. had to download again. will this happen each time I want to use it? I would like to keep it as an app on my MacBook Pro. thanks for you help

On 4/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, pablodgl said:

After formatting my mac I can't download Affinity again without having to pay for it again. Please help!

I am assuming you bought it from the Apple App store. You can download without paying again, I have installed all the Affinity app on different computers I own without issue. The step I am assuming you are missing is logging into the App store with the same Apple ID you used when you bought it originally. Once you have logged in you will be able to download any App you purchased. Now if you bought direct from the Affinity website, you will not be able to download the applications from the Apple App store, you will have to login into the Affinity website with the same email address you used to purchase it. You will be able to download from there. 

16 minutes ago, 4cris said:

Bought Affinity Photo yesterday, downloaded, had great fun using it. today couldn't find it. had to download again. will this happen each time I want to use it? I would like to keep it as an app on my MacBook Pro. thanks for you help

Where did you buy the app from? App store or the Affinity website? I am assuming the Affinity website and you downloaded the installer which then showed you dragging the app to the application folder. Did you just double click the app and open it from there? If so every time you restart you will have to mount the installer again. It will be in your download folder. Double click the installer again, it will mount a white drive on your desktop. The application will be in there. Instead of opening it in there do what it shows you and drag the app into your application folder