You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open/place raw images more dark

JJSC

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Are you Opening, or are you Placing? They are different processes, and handle RAW images differently. At this point I would not recommend Placing a RAW image. Instead, you should Open it, Develop it, and then either Place a .afphoto file or an Exported TIFF file.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hey there,

Thanks for your quickly  answer, Im placing, so if cannot do that, I need to develop first in Capture One (there more features, sorry, it's true) and after that, will be place in Affinity, double work.

Ok, there is something,  to make it better your application.

Edited by JJSC

Yes, I believe you will need to Develop first (in whichever application you want). At this point, in my experience, Placing RAW files is likely to leave them too dark.

It is my hope that Serif will improve this processing someday; they improved RAW handling for File > New Batch Job in Photo recently, for example, but I do not think they improved File > Place yet in any of the applications.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Stacking is another option on the File menu. As I said before, only File > Open and File > New Batch Job work well with Raw files.

For all other uses I recommend Developing the Raw files first. You could do that with either File > Open or File > New Batch Job, which might be more convenient if you have a lot of images.

-- Walt
PC:

I don't know what you mean, the batch job convert raw into afphoto format, and these cannot be selected for the stack operation, and Im NOT develop one by one to create a stack, that's too bad my friend

Capture.PNG.4ed59a94baa7b6ebc39a7cde82bfa672.PNG

30 minutes ago, JJSC said:

the batch job convert raw into afphoto format, and these cannot be selected for the stack operation,

The batch job can convert your RAW files to TIFF, and the TIFF files can then be added to the stack.

-- Walt
PC:

You kidding me right? If I have 60 raw images, each 16 bits tiff have a 20Mb each channel, 120 Mb x 60  = 7200Mb, please if you work with Serif team, you must give all my comments to improve the product.

All your solutions,  are not feasible or suitable for me, Serif need to listen to what he's customers tell, anyway thanks  for your comment, for what I buy the product is not useful, but I will not ask for a refund.

9 hours ago, JJSC said:

You kidding me right? If I have 60 raw images, each 16 bits tiff have a 20Mb each channel, 120 Mb x 60  = 7200Mb, please if you work with Serif team, you must give all my comments to improve the product.

No, unfortunately I'm just telling you how it works today.

As I said above, I hope Serif will improve this. I, like you, consider this behavior to be a bug, and I was disappointed in a recent release when they fixed the processing for New Batch Job and ignored th eother areas that have the problem. I've asked one of the moderators whether Serif considers it a bug or just something that needs to be improved.

I'm not sure how the moderators will respond when they have time to get to your bug report; we'll both have to wait and see. But I hope it is something they will address soon.

-- Walt
PC: