You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity v1.83 and Portrait Pro Studio v19.6 Crashing!

• Staff

Hi RDiaz,

Welcome to the forums :)

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, due to the ongoing situation we are all working remotely which has increased our response time. We're working hard to stay on top of things, so we thank you for your patience and understanding here.

Unfortunately the Portrait Pro Plugins aren't officially supported in Affinity currently, although we do plan to continue to improve our Plugin support and make it easier for developers to make plugins for Affinity Photo, there is no workaround available for this issue currently. 

I've seen previous reports on our forums of customers using version 1.7 of Portrait Pro, and some users have been able to get 1.8 to work also, however you mileage may vary here.

My apologies that I can't offer any further advice here!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • Staff
On 12/1/2020 at 7:21 PM, Andromeda said:

Hi, I have the same issue.
I installed PortraitPro 18 and the Portrait Pro 18 plugin. When I start the plugin (Filter -> Plugins -> Anthropics -> PortraitPro) Affinity Photo V 1.8.5 crashes.
Is it possible to fix this bug?

Thank you.

I can see that you've also posted about this issue in our Bugs section too. It appears that this is already logged with our developers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I purchased the upgrade version and installed Portrait Pro Studio Max 21.

I copied and paste the plugin file here:

C - ProgramData - Affinity - Photo - 1.0 - Plugins

Then I started Affinity, and in the settings for plugins I set ok for unknown plugins.

I restarted Affinity Photo. 

Now everything works perfectly. I can use Portrait Pro Studio Max as a plug-in in Affinity Photo.

My Affinity Photo version is  1.8.5.703

My OS is Windows 10 

These following programs work well as a plugin with Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 (I tested them in my pc 64 bit and all the plugins 64 bit):

- Anthropics Portrait Pro Studio Max 21 (ver 21.2.3) 

- Anthropics Portrait Pro Body Studio 3 (ver 3.5.1.0)

- Anthropics Landscape Pro Studio max (ver 3.6.6)

Maybe it will work also with Anthropics Portrait Pro Studio max 19, as the trial version worked.

Hope this can help you