You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am new to Affinity Publisher and have several issues re IMDL import. FYI I do not have these issues in Quark.

1. The graphics show up as big question marks even though Publisher knows where the link is.

2. Affinity did not import style accurately for the numbered list with hanging indent. The numbers appear as 1.0Example line one and I cannot see where to get rid of ".0" Also I cannot get the spacing I want between lines on the list. The is a huge space 8pt? between lines using any number after 0, even when space is set to 0 before and 0.4 after paragraph

1.0Profit model (how companies make money)

2.0Network (how companies connect with others to create value)

3.0Structure (how companies align talent and assets)

I can get the list the way I want (see attached) in a new file but when I paste it into the imported IMDL file I can't keep the style. At any rate that is a tedious workaround. I should be able to import docs with minimal 

Please advise . Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 3.13.43 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The graphics show up as big question marks even though Publisher knows where the link is.

It's hard for me to check this without the graphics, they show as ? for me as obviously I miss those resources, any chance of a screenshot of the resource manager from your end? Is the status "OK" but they still show a "?"

Regarding the numbered list. There is a bug here with how we've imported an en-space in the numbered text style, it has come in as a 0. I'll pass this on to development. You can remove this in Publisher by editing the numbered list style and removing the "\2" and then replacing it with an en-space from our app.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

This is the numbered list, if you edit the "1.0numbered list" text style and then remove the \2 symbol shown in this picture it will remove the 0. You can then press the down arrow next to Text and insert an "En Space", which is what was in the IDML document and was incorrectly read on import

image.png

If you could go to Document > Resource Manager and take a screenshot it will show if those files are missing or OK

• Staff

Thanks, I only see that one image that is 0kb and won't display, it looks like that became a bit corrupt.

The other attached document has all the images displaying correctly for me, do you just see the red ?'s as in the Original Post?

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (IDML Import: En-Space in numbered list imported as a 0) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.  

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon